Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A House Guest

Over Mother's Day weekend, we watched Blake, who is now 7 months old.  Vera was so excited for him to come and play.  We cleaned our house and got all ready for him to come on Friday evening.

Would you say this is a problem?  Vera "just had to get up there."  She was so excited to play with all of the "new" baby toys.

Vera was a little uneasy about sharing her things with Blake.  She couldn't understand why he was napping in her bed or why she had to share her chair.  But, overall it went really well.  I got brave in the evening and decided to do a little art project surprise for Mandy's first Mother's Day.  I painted the kids' hands and made handprints on paper.  I made the prints look like little fishies and flowers.  Fairly quickly, I realized that this was a project that's best for 2 year olds and not 7 month olds.  Blake wouldn't keep his hands open for me to paint them, and he was a little uneasy about the weird feeling of paint on his hands.  But, it was cute nonetheless, and the projects turned out pretty well.  Vera got to paint some pictures too.  She was super excited about it.  Surprisingly, it wasn't nearly as disasterous as I had anticipated.





On Sunday morning, Blake was laying in the crib while I gathered up all of his things.  Vera was insistent on getting in the crib with Blake.  I will admit that I was a little leery about her bouncing around with him in the crib, but he loved it.  He was kicking and jabbering, and of course didn't take his eye off of her for a second.  I have a feeling that Blake will be thumping on Vera sooner than she's ready!



No comments:

Post a Comment