Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Blast from the Past

It was a quiet weekend around here.  I'm winding down another school year, Adam worked on projects outside, and we went out to eat a few times.  On Saturday, Adam decided to set up his old tent for Vera to play in.  This tent is vintage.  It's the same tent that Adam and I camped out in for Poultry Days many years in a row.  The tent also left it's mark at Barga's pond back in the Creekside softball drinking days.  (That seems like so long ago!)  As Adam was contemplating setting it up, we were discussing the last time the tent was set up.  I said it was a solid 5-8 years.  Adam said close to 10 years.  I know the tent hasn't been out since we've been married.  (Tenting is not my thing.)  And I don't ever remember it being out when Adam lived at 1018.  About 20 minutes later, I could hear stakes pounding in the ground outside.  Shortly after, Adam walked in and said "2005."  This is what he found:



I laughed pretty hard when I saw them.

Meanwhile, Vera loved the tent.  She and Adam had pillows, blanket, water, and flashcards in the tent to play.  Vera even asked when they laid down on the pillows if they could watch TV in the tent.  haha  It got to be pretty hot in the tent, so we came out and Adam put it away before the rain.  Although I will say the tent could use a spell of "airing out" because it smelled kind of old and funky.  Adam called me a "city girl" for that comment.  He apparently has forgotten where I grew up.





Adam is sure he and Vera are going to have a campout sometime this summer.  We'll see how that transpires...

No comments:

Post a Comment