Thursday, June 6, 2013

It's Summer!

We officially started "summer vacation" on Tuesday.  I made my list of summer projects on Monday afternoon, and I'm happy to report that I've already crossed a few things off the list.  There's plenty more waiting...  The weather has been perfect the last several days.  I'm looking forward to many days of playing outside and hanging out with Vera.

We kicked off summer with a popsicle on Monday afternoon.  Since then, Vera has asked for popsicles for breakfast, lunch, snack, and dinner.



 On Monday I also bought a Little Tikes Picnic Table to put outside on our patio area.  It was a great purchase.  Vera loves it.  We ate lunch and dinner outside on Tuesday.  On Wednesday, we colored outside.  Later that day, I discovered that the crayons never made it inside and they melted.  Terrific.

Notice that Baby and Bunny had to come outside and watch her eat.  Since this incident, bunny went for a surprise dunk in a bucket of water and had to visit the washing machine.  Onery two year-old for sure!



 
Tuesday evening was really nice outside, so we went for a walk while Adam was at golf.  We stopped at Ward Park to play.  Vera played in the sandbox there for about 30 minutes.  She was so good.  I sat on the bench and watched her play.  She cried when we left.  Thank goodness for Crocs.  The last three nights the Crocs took a bath after Vera because they were so dirty. 
 





Hooray for summer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment