Thursday, August 21, 2014

Craft Day

In the last month, I haven't had the opportunity to do a lot of fun, one-on-one activities with Vera.  I've missed out on a lot of her fun this summer, but I'm grateful for the family members who've taken her to the pool, park, library, picnics, fireworks shows, and the fair.  Though I would've loved to enjoy them with her more than anything, taking care of Vin or resting at home was also a must.

Today was the first day that Vin took a nice nap and Vera and I could turn off the TV and do something together.  I pulled out my stash of craft items, which included buttons, feathers, wiggly eyes, stickers, markers, and foam pieces.  Vera was so excited when I kept pulling supplies out of the cupboard!  I drew a stick person of a girl, and told Vera to decorate.  She gladly got started right away!



When Vin woke up, he supervised from his seat in the kitchen.

I offered a few suggestions on how to decorate, but she made all of the decisions by herself.  I put some glue on a scrap piece of paper, and she dipped the buttons in the glue and stuck them on the paper by herself.  She was even able to peel the paper off the back of the foam pieces on her own.



Vera was really proud of her finished product, and I was really proud of her for doing such a great job.  She drew the body parts of the girl all alone, wrote her name by herself, and showed a lot of creativity and imagination in her decorating!  She thanked me several times for letting her do the project, and she couldn't wait to show her dad when he came home!

No comments:

Post a Comment