Friday, April 17, 2015

Surprise!


This news came as a huge surprise to our family.  In early October, we'll be the Pearsons, party of 5!  Whoa!

We took some pictures to announce our news to friends and family.  I can't even talk about how many attempts we have at these pictures.  Over the course of these two evenings, it was either blurry pictures, no one looking at the camera, ages cut out of the picture, and I could go on....  Here are the three best ones:




We found out I was pregnant the day we got the keys to our new house.  It was especially emotional because we had a huge moving (and cleaning and painting) endeavor right as we were trying to process this unexpected news.  I'll admit that I cried a fair amount, and then I'd cry more because I felt guilty.  I kept praying and telling myself that God always has a plan.  Someday I'll laugh about all of this.  As I put away baby things that Vince no longer uses, like our swing or bouncy seat, I laugh to myself and think, "Don't pack this away too well."

These days, we're really excited for the addition to our family.  We also realize how crazy our lives are going to be!   But we also know that Vince and this babe are going to be best buddies (and probably worst enemies!)

When we told Vera she was going to have another brother or sister, she reacted with "Oh my gosh!" as she smashed her hands against her face.  Then she said, "Let me get this straight.  We're going to have one big sister, two babies and two owners living in this house?!"  lol  In the eyes of a 4 year-old, Adam and I are the owners of the kids.  Maybe it's the other way around...

I'm starting to feel so much better.  The early weeks are quite a blur because of the move.  I was so exhausted and felt pretty lousy.  I went to bed immediately after my kids went to bed at 8pm.  The nausea lingered for a few weeks.  Around 13 weeks, I noticed my energy level start to rise and the nausea subsiding.  As with pregnancy, when one discomfort or ail leaves, another one finds its way in.  I'm starting to experience the ligaments in my hips and pelvis shifting.  My hip sockets (which have given me fits since I had Vera) throb all the time.  I make a conscious effort to sit down, especially at school, and tell myself that it's all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment