Sunday, May 22, 2016

Just a Weekend at Home

We had such a nice weekend at home.  I'm finding that I love spending time at home, especially on nice, sunny days.

On Friday evening, we played at home in the basement.  All 5 of us sat in the playroom and played farm and Paw Patrol.  It was really fun, actually.  The kids were busy pretending...and fighting.  Annie chewed on anything she could reach, and Adam and I played and mediated.  I love watching Vince play right now.  He's really changing so much and trying to talk  more and more.  He was busy feeding the animals, making the pigs oink, and pulling the wagon loads of animals with the tractor.

Adam left in the middle of the night for a fishing trip with Jeff and his buddies.  They went on a walleye charter on Lake Erie.   They had a good trip with a plentiful catch.


Eww!



I was home with the kids all day on Saturday.  The weather was windy, chilly and rainy for most of the day, so we spent the day in the basement.  Vera, Vince and I had fun looking at old pictures on my phone.  We all got some laughs out of the videos I took.  It makes me realize how important it is to take videos of day-to-day things.  It's amazing to look back and hear Vera's speech, see Vince's wobbly steps, and relive events from last summer.

The kids were so good.  Vince even shared his Mickey couch.  Vera said more than once, "I can't believe I'm sitting on this Mickey couch!"
I've been starting to get out more and more baby toys that light up and play music.  When I do, it's usually a fight because all 3 want it!
Sunday was a great day.  It was warm and sunny, and we accomplished so much outside.  In addition to hanging laundry on the line, we also played on the slide for quite a while.  (Vince flies down the slide, bounces on his bottom, laughs, and goes to do it all over again!)  We also got the bubbling rock working, did some power washing, and worked in the camper.  Vera was thrilled to check on the garden and see that her sunflowers are sprouting, and the green beans are, in her words, "poking their heads out of the ground."  Vince is a sidewalk chalk maniac.  He scribbles on everything--the house, garage floor, swing set, wooden chicken, patio, play hut.

I took a picture of Vera filling the pond last year too.  Might have to make this an annual photo op?
Annie loves taking in all of the sights and sounds of the outdoors.
And, everyone was fast asleep that evening by 8:30.  I am also learning that I love a quiet house where everyone is sound asleep.


She made her blanket into a bonnet and fell asleep with it on.  haha
Snuggle buddies.  Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment