Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Mother's Day

I had a really nice Mother's Day this year.  The weather started off warm and sunshiny, which is always makes any day just a little brighter.

I was up early to feed Annie her bottle, and she went back to sleep for a few hours, so I did too!  I woke up the second time to Vera excitedly wishing me happy mother's day.  I had to get up and close my eyes as she led me to my gift.

My favorite part of the gift was the card.  I just love her preschool handwriting!  I'll be keeping this card!


I was able to spend individual time with each of my kids at one point throughout the day.  In the morning, Vince sat nicely with me and let me read books to him.  I soaked that time in; he will sit nicely with me, but only on his terms.  He's still so squishy and snuggly, and I really love squeezing him tight.  I really believe it when people say that there's some special, unique connection between a boy and his momma!  Annie and I sat on the porch while I drank coffee and watched dad do yard work.  The sunshine was warm on our faces, and it was a perfect morning to sit outside together.  Vera and I went to the greenhouse to buy flowers and vegetable plants, and we had so much fun together.  She was so good and helpful.


When we got home, we decide to plant the garden while Annie and Vince napped.  I planted flowers in the pots while dad & Vera worked on the garden.  Vera loved helping, and it was fun to watch them interact together.


It's safe to say that watering was the best part for Vera Lou!
Cabbage, onions, cilantro, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, and sunflowers.  Grow, garden, grow!


What a gift it is to be a mother!  Motherhood is a love deeper than I ever imagined, and also one of the greatest challenges I've ever experienced.  Being a mom myself really makes me appreciate my own mom and all she is!  Thanks, mom, for always being my #1 fan!


Although I get overwhelmed easily these days, I am really, really trying to cherish the moments and soak it all in.  Vera & Vince's innocence and excitement for simple things really is heartwarming.  Watching them interact together, grow and change is so fun!  I read somewhere recently that you don't realize how quickly a baby grows until you  have one.  How true that is!  Thanks, guys, for an awesome Mother's Day!  Love you 3 rugrats to pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment