Monday, June 27, 2016

Last Day of Preschool

Vera's last day of preschool was Wednesday, May 25.  The end of the year really snuck up on me, and it didn't really register that it was her last day until it was here!  She had such a great year in preschool, and she was so lucky to have 2 terrific teachers that we will miss!  I will also miss my one-on-one time with Vera in the car 2 times per week.  Though it seemed like she did a lot of yacking, I know I will miss hearing her stories and reenacting her day at school from her car seat.  I'm sure I'll also miss her running ahead of me in the hallway and telling me that the white floor tiles are hot lava.  :)

I had to take a picture with her and her messages that she liked to write on my board.  I will definitely miss those!  Her handwriting improved so, so much as the year went by.  

Excited for the last day!
A very dear coworker of mine retired at the end of the school year after 34 years of teaching (whew!)  We had a little celebration for her in my room on the same day, so Vera joined the party.

Enjoy retirement, Dena!  You deserve it!
Eating cake at mom's desk!  Next stop, kindergarten!

No comments:

Post a Comment