Thursday, January 17, 2013

First (Real) Hair Cut

Last night I took Vera to Atelier where I get my hair cut.  Grandma has trimmed her bangs a few times for us, but she really needed her ends evened up and some of the new hair trimmed.

I made an appointment a while ago for the both of us, but I almost didn't take her for the appointment.  She has a miserable cold right now.  Her nose has run non-stop and she's super-congested.  Poor kid!  (Insert lack of sleep for everyone here!) She stayed home with her dad yesterday and went to the doc.  Today she's hanging out with her grandma.  (Thank you!)

But, when I got home yesterday, she seemed to be in a decent mood.  I said I wasn't bringing her if she felt lousy.  Then I said I was.  Then I wasn't.  I went back and forth the whole way to my mom's house.  When I got there, I decided to just take her along.  The haircut was only going to take less than 5 minutes.  Grandma came along to help with Vera while I got my hair cut.

So Vera went first.  She sat up in the big chair and started to giggle when she saw herself in the big mirror.  I told her they were going to put a big bib on her.  She thought that was funny.  To everyone's surprise, she did very well.  She sat still and didn't cry.  When Georgia tried to dust off the hair with the hair dryer, she started to panic...so we just dusted her off with our hands.

We got to keep a little lock of hair from her first real hair cut.  It isn't much, but it is a little memento.

No comments:

Post a Comment