Friday, November 1, 2013

Such an imagination!

I love Vera's age right now because she's so imaginative and innocent.  It's really fun to play with her.  For example, about a month ago my mom and I made this fleece blanket for Vera's bed.  (It's super-warm and snuggly!  It turned out really nice.) 



We had some scraps left over, and Vera has been playing with the square "patches" nonstop.  In fact, when we got home from making the blanket, Vera slept with the patches in her bed that night.  The next day, one was missing and after ransacking the bed, we had to call grandma to see if we left it at her house.  Grandma had to dig through her trash to check, and came up with nothing.  These patches have gone to doctor's appointments, been washed, served as blankets, pillows, bandages, eye patches, and many other pretend items.

For instance...

This is a McDonald's toy Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, and she was sleeping tonight.  I found her tucked in just like this.  Pretty cute!  I've also found mermaids covered up just like this.
Vera and I were playing doctor tonight, and she used two of these as bandages on my legs.  This one was my pillow to lay on.  She actually made me lay my head down on this.  Too funny.
Adam and I keep saying that Vera doesn't need anything for Christmas because she's more than content playing with random trinkets and scraps just like these. 

No comments:

Post a Comment