Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Guilt-Free

A friend, who recently returned to work after having her second baby, posted this comment on my Instagram photo:  "Guilt Free...maternity leave was guilt-free everything!  Want to lay around all day?  Take a nap?  Not do laundry?  Eat a whole half gallon of ice cream?  Sure!  I am on maternity leave!  :)  Enjoy your snuggles with that pretty little girl!"

At first, it was hard for me to sit around and do nothing but hold Annie all day.  I just wanted to feel like a normal person.  I am not the type to sit around when I have free time; I like the feeling of accomplishing things.  But, I decided that I have 12 undivided, quiet weeks with Annie.  I have to soak them in.  She is going to grow and change so fast.  Never again will I get this time back.  So, I've spent plenty of mornings and afternoons enjoying the sunshine while snuggling and resting with the little miss.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment