Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter!

Our Easter this year was especially blessed.  I mostly say that because I got to spend a lot of time at home with Vera and Adam.  We've been off school for 5 days, and I must say that I did accomplish a lot: some shopping, some cleaning, some laundry, some projects, some playing, some time with family, and lots of time enjoying Vera.  I've realized over break how much she's changed in the last few weeks.  She communicates in full sentences and can carry a conversation with you.  She's also started to pretend when she plays, which has been most enjoyable to watch and listen to.  This break is making me really look forward to summer--and warmer weather (sigh!)  We're going to have a lot of fun with Vera.


This is the best picture I could get.  Read on.



The Easter bunny was really good to us this year.  He brought a Doc McStuffins book, a 31 bag with Vera's name embroidered, stickers, bunny glasses, a bubble machine, and of course candy!  Vera had a good time "hunting" eggs Easter morning in our living room.  It sure didn't take her long to figure out how the egg hunt works!  She went to the egg hunt in town too and found 7 eggs. 



On Easter morning, we had a bit of a meltdown before church.  Vera absolutely refused to wear the shoes that I bought for her to wear with her dress.  She screamed and cried saying she couldn't walk.  Due to lack of time, we didn't fight the fight and she wore silver loafers to church that are too big and looked rediculous.  We had the same disagreement when we were leaving for Easter at Mike & Rosie's.  She won.  Again.  I was so irritated with her.  And so it begins...

She's crying because I tried to make her wear the Easter shoes.  Notice she isn't wearing any in these pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment