Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Dear Vera...

I had so much fun with you tonight!  Your daddy went to a ball game with his friends, so you and I spent a lot of time outside enjoying this terrific spring weather. 

We flew your new ladybug kite tonight for the first time.  I wish I would've taken pictures because you were so excited to see your kite fly up by the clouds.  You had to wear your sunglasses so you could see the kite way up there.  You got to hold the kite string and you swung it to the left and to the right...your exact words.  Pretty cute! 

After daddy left, we played golf in the yard with your golf clubs.  You pouted because you didn't want to play with me.  You stood at the edge of the grass with your arms folded and your back to me.  I'm amazed at how well you can do this...already!!

We spent a lot of time playing in the dirt tonight.  We pulled weeds and you kept saying, "Get on outta here weeds!"  While mom worked, you also dug in the dirt with your shovel and filled your bucket with dirt.  Then you asked me if I was ready and you dumped all the dirt out, all over yourself.  Your crocs were full of dirt; you did a little fretting about that and then you went on your way.  When the neighbor dogs came outside, you stopped in your tracks with their barking and yipping.  Plenty of times you asked me, "What you doing mommy?" When we came to the front of the house, you insisted on "getting up there" in the flower beds.  You climbed over the landscaping rocks, gracefully, and thought you were pretty big stuff tromping around in the mulch.  Without missing a beat, you stomped right through my Creeping Phlox and sat down in the middle.  You were entertained for a good bit sitting there admiring the white and purple flowers.   I didn't have the heart to chase you out, and I couldn't resist the photo opportunity so I ran inside and grabbed my camera.  You said "cheese" for about 1/4 of a second and then went back to picking flowers.  Here's what I was able to capture...





Sweet girl!  You're growing so big!



Our playing outside was cut short when you peed your pants, which seems to be a nightly event lately.  You didn't tell me that you had an accident, and I didn't notice until we went inside to wash your hands and sit on the potty.  I just didn't have the heart to scold you and make you sit on a chair. (Don't tell daddy!)   I know you were busy outside playing, and I didn't want to ruin our fun with tears.  Instead, we started the bathtub and got cleaned up.  It was the first night (of many, many more) that we had grass blades and mulch floating in the tub water.  I'm glad you had fun outside.  You sure were dirty!

After the bath, since it was still warm and sunny, I took you for a bike ride.  The entire time we were gone, you jabbered, pinched me in the butt, waved at your shadow, and sang.  You told me that the "palm trees were attacking" at one point in the ride.  I'm not sure what you were trying to tell me, but your little creative mind was definately at work.  Just a few days ago you told dad there was a lizard (or a wizard?) in the house.  :)  Your imagination makes my heart smile!

For the last 15 minutes of our ride we sang songs.  You wanted to sing "Hop Goes The Weasel" (as you call it) and we kept singing faster and faster just like your music in the car does.  You even sang the part "A penny for a spool of thread, a penny for a needle.  That's the way the money goes.  Pop! Goes the weasel!"  I was pretty amazed that you sang so well. 

By the time we got home, you were pretty tired.  We put on your M&M jammies (which you love) and read Clifford the Big Red Dog.  You call him Clipterd.  :)  After our book, we said our prayers.  I just love how you fold your little hands and pray with me.  You're really good at praying.  Tonight you even prayed for your friends, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents.  You did it all by yourself and mentioned everyone's name.  We even asked Jesus to help you be a big girl and keep your Dora panties dry. 

We sang more songs before you went to bed.  You sure did make me laugh because while we were singing "Ten In The Bed" you said "...so they all rolled over and one fell out!  OUCH!"  You make your mom giggle.  We sang "The Ants Go Marching..." as we marched to bed.  You told me I was your bestest friend in the whole world as I laid you down.  You sure are the best girl Vera Lou!  You asked me to pat you a "yiddle bit" before I walked out.  I checked on you ten minutes later and you were fast asleep.  Sweet dreams my little girl!  Your mommy loves you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment