Thursday, August 13, 2015

32 Weeks

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I can't believe I'm at 32 weeks already!  Our summer has gone by so quickly, and we've been so busy.  A 13 month-old son also has kept me on my toes, we haven't been home much, and I haven't taken the time to think about the weeks of pregnancy as they slip by.  Now that summer is slowing down (and coming to a close!) I have realized just how soon we will be a family of five.

I really haven't taken the time to get too many baby things ready yet.  Quite honestly, when it's baby number 3, how much is there to get ready?  I have all the "big stuff" that a newborn requires, and it's just a matter of pulling it out and washing it up.  The bigger priority has been getting our life ready for another baby.  I've started focusing on things like making sure my kids have clothes for fall, finishing up the office project, cleaning up and winterizing the camper, rearranging Vera's room to add a second crib and getting lesson plans ready for my sub.  Of course I do need to take a day and do some shopping for little newborn and mom essentials.  That won't be too hard.

As for 32 weeks of pregnancy, things are starting to get more difficult.  Sleep doesn't come as easily and I am awake for stretches throughout the night trying to get comfortable.  I am starting to swell a little more.  Some of my flip flops are too tight to wear and they pinch  my feet.  I quit wearing my rings about 2 weeks ago because they were also getting tight.  Dr. Buddhadev said that most of the swelling is attributed to the heat and not weight gain, though I'm sure it's a little of both.  Bending over and going up and down the stairs is becoming more exhausting.

So far, I've gained about 20 lbs, which is about what I gained with Vince.  I barely passed my glucose screen, but barely passing is better than having to do the 3 hour screen.  I'll take it.  My hemoglobin is slightly high, so I've been put on iron pills.  Dr. Buddhadev is so good about making sure that I don't encounter the nasty side effects of taking iron, which I'm especially thankful for.  At my appointment yesterday, I measured just a little larger than 32 weeks.  My blood pressure was also a little high.  Adam's comment was, "I can't imagine why your blood pressure would be up."  I hope he means that it's because I'm busy, on the go and exhausted at the end of the day.
Do you notice a trend?  Everything is "slightly, barely, or just a little."  Is that a male doctor's way of making a pregnant woman feel good?

We're still working on names.  Nothing has been decided--not even a middle name!  Just this week, Adam said that we need to make a priority that each of us narrows down to two names so we at least have working options.  I, myself, am struggling.  I have a few girl names that I really like, but still at a loss for a boy name.  As the days go by, I'm starting to think of names that I can really work with.  Everyone keeps asking if we're sticking with a "V" name.  I don't think we can keep that going; it was mostly a coincidence with the first 2.  Although, Vera is sure that she's going to have a sister and her name will be Valerie.  I don't know if we can guarantee that...we'll see.  Speaking of, Adam thinks it's going to be a girl.  And he reminded  me that he hasn't been wrong with his predictions yet.  Rosie said this week she thinks it will be a boy.  Some days I think it's a boy mostly by the way I am carrying.  But, from the beginning, I've thought it would be a girl.  Only God knows for sure...

Just like with my other pregnancies, I have a few maternity shirts that are already too short.  Some of the shorts are not as comfortable as they were before.  This is one such outfit that will be put away.  Too short, too uncomfortable...
32 weeks 1 day
32 weeks 3 days
The two pictures were taken only 2 days apart.  Amazing what a difference an outfit can make!
This pregnancy has been especially hard.  Physically it is demanding because summer is busy and my kids need my attention and time.  But emotionally, it's also been very tough.  I've been depressed about missing out on so many fun opportunities this summer.  Not being able to have fun like I  normally would, and watching others have a good time for months has been a personal struggle.  Last summer wasn't easy either, so I get especially discouraged some days.  This pregnancy has taught me a lot about accepting God's plan, even if it isn't always easy.  And in a few weeks, we will have a new, sweet child to love.  That's one of the best gifts life can give.

No comments:

Post a Comment