Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A Little Mishap

On Monday evening, Adam decided to cut Vin's hair.  He's done this before, and though he's no professional, it's worked out well.  For a toddling 1 year-old, Vin has a lot of hair and has had regular hair cuts for the last 6 months.

I was not involved in this hair cut.  Vera came running in the house shouting for me to come outside and see Vin's hair.  I walked outside, and as I approached Adam and Vin, I stopped in complete shock.  Tears welled in my eyes.  Evidently the attachment guard on the clippers slipped off, and Vin had a huge pass of hair that was cut to the scalp!

This is after we trimmed the rest of his hair.  Still very noticeable.  

I was so upset.  All I could think about was him becoming a big brother any day and having a horrible hair cut.  And it was a huge section!  Right in front!  And he's just a baby!  There would be no good way to fix this, other than to shave it nearly bald.

It was an honest mistake on Adam's part.  We decided to trim the rest of his hair a little shorter and then let someone else (who knows what they're doing) try to fix it.  In the meanwhile, he had went 24 hours with an awful hair cut.  Patty got a laugh out of it, but she also could sympathize with how upsetting it is.

I took him uptown the next evening, and thanks to one of the ladies at A Cut Above, it looks much better.  It's definitely high and tight.  We've been calling him Mr. Buzz Cut or Mr. Skin Head.  He isn't going to need a hair cut until Thanksgiving, and we're surely going to save on baby shampoo!



I know there are worse things.  His hair will grow.  But, we will always remember this.  Any day, he will be a holding his newest sibling while sporting his buzz cut!

No comments:

Post a Comment