Wednesday, November 25, 2015

"That Kid"

Some of my posts on this blog aren't always our proudest moments.  But, I always tell myself that I have to document these things for memory's sake.  Here's one of those posts...

A while back, Mrs. Wynk, Vera's preschool teacher, sent me pictures of Vera and her friends at school.  I started to notice that in a lot of the pictures she had the same sweatshirt on, even though the pictures are from different days and weeks.  The sweatshirt was supposed to be her jacket for the day.  I finally asked Vera if she wears her sweatshirt all day at school, and she told me yes.  I didn't think too much of it, until Mrs. Wynk shared one morning at drop-off that Vera never wants to take her coat off and she normally wears it all day.  They said she tells them that she's cold, even though it was September and early October.  It wasn't chilly outside during the day and the other kids were wearing no coat at recess.  One day I went to pick Vera up in the afternoon, and I could see her through her classroom window.  She had her warm fleece coat zipped to her neck and her hood up.  I laughed to myself, almost in embarrassment.  I came home and told Adam that she is "that kid" that wears her coat all day at school.

Is anyone surprised that she also wears dress-up skirts at preschool?
Lately, I've made sure to dress her warmer or make sure she has a sweater or light jacket to wear, especially now that it is legitimately cold outside.

Since the first day of school, Vera has come home with markers and paint on her clothes.  Usually nothing major.  Those stains wash easily.  But, sometimes she comes home with her lunch on her shirt too.  One day she came home with baked beans all over her dress.  Then this happened...

Any secrets on how to clean ketchup and mustard from a white sweatshirt?

She says her hotdog "slipped out of the bun" and fell on her shirt.  I can just imagine her yacking away and not paying attention at all to her food.  I can also visualize an excessive amount of condiments on the sandwich.  Doesn't surprise me a bit that this happened.  She was a bit ashamed of her mess when I picked her up.  Adam and I couldn't help but laugh as she told us what happened.  And, we laughed in embarrassment that our kid is "that kid" who wears her lunch on her shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment