Saturday, November 21, 2015

This Boy...

Vince is one of a kind.  You just never know what's going to happen next.  Here's the latest...

He is obsessed with wearing shoes.  If his aren't around, he will wear anyone's.
Vera took her shoes off at the end of the day.  Vince insisted in having them on.  Adam put them on and the silly boy walked around, rather well, for at least an hour.  It was hilarious to watch him walk.

Then he spotted my shoes one evening.  He is so persistent in trying to get the shoes on himself.  When that doesn't work out, he brings them to us and jabbers something indicating he wants them on.  It's always Adam that gives in and puts the shoes on him.  This was a riot.  He walked around so cautiously, and thought he was such a big shot.  Having us laugh at him only encouraged him more.  He was not happy when we made him take them off.  No need to land in the ER.


I turned my back for just one second and this happened...


He was in Vera's room with the door closed playing.  Next thing I know, he's in the bathroom screaming.  He grabbed my hair straightener.  :(  Talk about feeling like the worst mom ever!  He cried and cried after it happened.  He wouldn't let us run cold water or put ice on it.  We resorted to filling an uninsulated sippy with ice and water and letting him carry it around.  I sprayed Dermoplast on it and gave him some Tylenol, and once the stinging stopped, he was fine.  The next day, he woke up with this huge blister.  I haven't noticed him bothered by it, and he uses his left hand like normal.  It will be interesting to see what happens when the blister pops.  There's no way he will leave a bandage on.  I mean, he hates to wear a hat, refuses to wear a bib, or even have his sleeves pushed up to eat.  Forget about a bandage.  I guess we'll focus on keeping it clean and try some ointment or essential oils.  One thing at a time...  

He is still very busy, but he is starting to sit for short spells and read books, play nicely, or watch TV.  Just today he watched Paw Patrol for about 10 minutes.  Yesterday when he woke up, he laid with me on the couch for about 5 minutes.  I'll take whatever snuggle time I can get with him.  He is a sweet boy, albeit ornery, sweet too!  

Aww!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment