Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Pumpkin Patch

On the day of Annie's actual birthday, I had Parent/Teacher conferences and Vera had CCD, so we weren't able to fully celebrate her birthday.  (Have I mentioned that we've had a crazy busy fall?)  I planned a day to Lincoln Ridge Farm the weekend before her birthday.  It was a perfect day.  The kids were so well-behaved.  It wasn't overly crowded, and we had great weather.  It was well-worth our drive there.











Annie did not enjoy this tunnel slide like we'd thought.  Her face was full of fear the entire way down.  #parentfail






These jumping pillows were the highlight of my day.  Watching Vince run from one end to another was like watching him walk on air.  I took a video and I laugh and laugh every time I watch it.  If he would've fallen, he would've really hurt himself because his little legs were moving so fast as he ran and ran.  Typical Vinners who never, ever thinks of the "what ifs."

Annie was just a little too small for them.  Vera was so good about helping her give it a try.



Crawling through this corn tunnel was right up Vince's alley. 


Annie didn't care to crawl through, so she excitedly watched for her siblings at the end.


This is their famous pumpkin tree.

Duck races were a hit.  Vince spent quite a while in this area.



The windmills along route 30 were a backdrop all day.  The kids & I found them to be pretty intriguing.




Annie spent a good while in the corn crib while the older two raced ducks.  She wasn't so sure about it.  Vera had fun making "corn angels" and burying herself.
These little pedal carts were cool, but they were so hard for Adam & I to pedal.  The gear ratios could've been better.  We got quite the leg workout!


The fruit farm has an apple tree that was planted from a seed from one of Johnny Appleseed's apple trees.  Pretty cool!

I think I can speak for everyone in saying the highlight of the day was taking a hayride to the pumpkin patch and picking our own pumpkins.  The pumpkins were of all sizes, and the kids loved finding the perfect pumpkin.  These pictures turned out so well!






What a great family day!

No comments:

Post a Comment