Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

We had a very busy Mother's Day this year.  It was nice to see our families, but we ran from one get-together to another, which resulted in tired kids and a tired mamma!  Since we knew it was going to be a busy Sunday, my Mother's Day treat was a day of shopping on Saturday.  It was nice to do something that I love at my own pace (and alone!)   :)  Everyone in our house needed new spring/summer things, so it was a productive day out.

Patty, who never lets us down, made Mother's Day surprises with Vera and sent them home a few days early.  Vera was so very excited to share the surprise with me.  I loved all of the special crafts, but perhaps the thing I loved the most was the box that had the word "mom" written in her preschool handwriting.  I'd never seen her write "mom" before, and it was just the cutest thing.



Inside the box were some yummy muffins.  Vera also made this cute craft that she was really proud of.

While I was out on my shopping day, Adam took the kids to Greenville to pick out my Mother's Day surprise.  They picked out a nice, sturdy flower pot for our back patio.  Then Vera picked out the flowers to put inside.  She chose quite a variety of flowers, but they're growing really well, and I love them.  When I stand at the kitchen sink and look outside, I see the flower pot and it makes me smile to see the mixture of flowers she chose just for me.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment